The Embassy of India, Kathmandu invites online applications for Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme (MGSS) and Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme (GJSS) from Nepali Nationals studying in Nepal.
The Online Application Form may be submitted through Web Portal www.goischolarship.com.np from November 07, 2023 to December 07, 2023. Applicants will not be able to submit applications after 23:59 hrs. on December 07, 2023.
SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME 2023-24 for Bachelor Courses
- Candidate should be a regular Undergraduate student of 1st Year in any recognized educational institute of Nepal. Proof of student studying in undergraduate course attested by Principal/Head of Institute to be uploaded.
- Candidate must have secured at least 70% aggregate marks at the Intermediate Level (Class 12/ Plus Two). Mark sheet of Class 12/ Plus Two to be uploaded.
- Candidate must be a citizen of Nepal. Citizenship Certificate of self or parent to be uploaded.
- Proof in respect of physically challenged candidate issued by CDO/LDO/Municipality Head to be uploaded.
- Family income of the candidate must be less than NPR 2,00,000/- per annum. Income proof issued by CDO/LDO/Municipality Head to be uploaded.
- Age Limit: Applicants should be between 17 to 22 years of age as on 1st July 2024.
- Note: (i) Those who are receiving scholarship from any other source are not eligible to apply. (ii) Please do not include Class 11 marks. (iii) Those who have enrolled in Diploma courses are not eligible for the scholarship.
2. Scholarship Amount and Duration:
The selected candidates will get a scholarship amount as detailed below.
|Course||Scholarship Amount per Month (in NPR)||Scholarship Duration (in Years)|
The scholarship will continue in the second and subsequent years only on submission of copy of each year’s passed mark sheet along with present status (certificate) of his/her promotion to and study in next year/semester of the opted course, duly authenticated by Principal/Head of Institute. The awardees failing in first year (both semesters) and subsequent years (semesters) will not be entitled for scholarship amount in the following years. The awardees may submit their documents latest by December 31st every year either physically at Education Wing of the Embassy of India, Kathmandu or Consulate General of India, Birgunj or via email: email@example.com failing which the scholarship will be terminated.